Bologna, Museo Civico
|Name:||Bologna, Museo Civico|
Museo Civico Archeologico
Via dell'Archiginnasio 2
- without prefix, numbers from 1820 till 3360 [also KS?]
- KS, numbers from 1870 till 3170
Two documentary texts. The first papyrus contains is a Demotic contract from Thebes (210 B.C.) with a four lines subscription in Greek. The Demotic contract was published by Botti in his edition of the demotic papyri in Bologna (1941: Botti 3172). The papyrus was part of the collection given to the Municipality of Bologna by Pelagio Palagi, who purchased its majority from Giuseppe Nizzoli, secretary of the Austrian consulate in Egypt from 1817 to 1828. In the same period Nizzoli sold a lot of material from Egypt both to Wien and Firenze.
The very fragmentary second papyrus (inventory no. eg. 3348) was bought in Egypt in the Seventies by a donor, who gifted it to the Museo together with some other documents in Demotic (papyri and linen bands). The text mentions a kat'oikian apographé.